Only Training is the brainchild of two longtime coaches and athletes Mitch Barnard and David Spurr.
During their time as athletes and coaches David and Mitch have worked with a vast number of training protocols. One thing that always bothered them is most peoples aversion to believing that training mixed-modal functional fitness stands in a class of its own as a training system. Only’s goal is to lean as far towards a mixed-modal functional bias as possible without giving up the required backbones of general fitness like aerobic base, strength and gymnastics training.
Mitch and Dave have come up with the perfect mix to excel at the sport of fitness and want to provide it in a medium that allows constant measurement (through a year-round leaderboard) and constant contact (through client caps for private training).
Only Training is a program designed for the competitive fitness athlete looking to take their game to the next level.
Join the team today and let's get to work.
- 7 years of CF and Weightlifting coaching experience. In both group and 1 on 1 settings
- Head coach of Mitch Barnard (WZA elite team champion, 5x regional competitor)
- 1 on 1 CF coaching mentorship with Nick Fowler (@thenickfowler)
- Athlete assessment
- Program Design
- Strength and Energy Systems training
- Long term planning
- Mentored and coached by former team Canada Weightlifter and Multi World Record holder, Terry Hadlow.
- Coaching experience at Regional and Sanctional level
- 2 time CF regional team athlete
- 2 time Canadian Senior Nationals Competitor
- 2018 Masters Pan American Games Weightlifting gold medalist -85 (35-39)
- 2018 Masters Canadian Weightlifting gold medalist -85 (35-39)
- 5x regional athlete
- 17th World Wide in the 2015 CrossFit open
- WZA Team Champion 2016 with Brent Fikowski and Albert-Dominic LaRouche
- 3rd Place - Orange County Throwdown 2015
- 2016 Canadian Weightlifting National Champion - 94kg class