Only Training is the brainchild of two longtime coaches and athletes, Mitch Barnard and David Spurr. During their time as athletes and coaches David and Mitch have worked with a vast number of training protocols. It always bothered them that most people have an aversion to believing that training mixed-modal functional fitness stands in a class of its own as a training system.
Only’s goal is to lean as far towards a mixed-modal functional bias as possible without giving up the required backbones of general fitness like aerobic base, strength and gymnastics training. We have come up with the perfect mix to excel at the sport of fitness and want to provide it in a medium that allows constant measurement (through a year-round leaderboard) and constant contact (through client caps for private training).
Only Training is a program designed for the competitive fitness athlete looking to take their game to the next level.
Join the team today and let's get to work.
Dave Spurr (Head Coach)
- 7 years of CF and Weightlifting coaching experience. In both group and 1 on 1 settings
- 1 on 1 CF coaching mentorship with Nick Fowler
- Athlete assessment
- Program Design
- MindsetStrength and Energy Systems training
- Long term planning
- Mentored and coached by former team Canada Weightlifter and Multi World Record holder, Terry Hadlow.
- Coaching experience at Regional and Sanctional level
- 2 time CF regional team athlete
- 2 time Canadian Senior Nationals Competitor
- 2018 Masters Pan American Games Weightlifting gold medalist -85 (35-39)
- 2018 Masters Canadian Weightlifting gold medalist -85 (35-39)
terry hadlow (Head Weightlifting Coach)
- 48 years of experience in the sport of Olympic Weightlifting.
- Won his first Canadian Championship at 14 and his most recent at 60
- Member of the Junior Canadian National Team from 1975-1977 and a Senior National Team Member from 1977-1984
- 4th at the Junior Worlds in Sofia, Bulgaria in 1977
- Silver standing at the Commonwealth Games 1978
- Gold Medal Pan American Games 1979
- 1980 Pan American Champion
- Competed at the 1978-79 and 1983 World Championships
- Terry was the only Canadian representative at the 1979 Soviet Spartakiad
- Won World Championships in 2008, 2010 and 2019.
- Set Masters World records in the 55-59 age category as an 85Kg lifter.
- Member of 2 Canadian Olympic Teams 1980 and 1984.
- Gold medalist at the 1980 Olympic Alternative competition in Shanghai, China
- Coach Hadlow has the distinction of being the only lifter that has competed in 5 different decades at the Senior Canadian National Championships from 1970’s through 2011.
- As Manitoba’s Provincial Weightlifting Coach, Terry’s athletes have won Canada Games and Junior National Championships.
- Coached athletes on Canadian Junior Team competing at the World Championships
- Head Coach of the Dakota Weightlifting Club in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada.
- Terry’s coaching accolades also include working as an Athletic High Performance Coach with various National and Provincial sport teams as well as athletes in individual sports.
- 5x CrossFit regional athlete
- 17th World Wide in the 2015 CrossFit open
- WZA Team Champion 2016 with Brent Fikowski and Albert-Dominic LaRouche
- 3rd Place - Orange County Throwdown 2015
- 2016 Canadian Weightlifting National Champion - 94kg class
- NCCP Level 3 Gymnastics Coach (Men's & Women's Artistic Gymnastics)
- Crossfit Level 3 Gymnastics coach of Mulitple Crossfit Games Champions(Sam Briggs, Camille le Blanc Bazinet, Crossfit Mayhem, Rebecca Voigt, Miranda Oldroyd, and more)
- Crossfit Games athlete: Team 2015
- Crossfit Regional athlete 2 x Individual, 3 x team2017
- Canadian Masters weightlifting Silver medalist (-85kg)
- Professional Circus Acrobat (Think Cirque Du Soleil)
- Circus Coach (Hand to hand, Banquine, Aerial Straps, Handstands, tumbling)
- Judo National Competitor & Team ( Jr & Sr.)
- • Head Coach CrossFit Taranis
- • 5 x Individual CrossFit Competitor Canada West Regional (2009-2014)
- 6 x Team CrossFit Competitor Canada West/West Regional/Sanctionals (2014-2020)
- CrossFit Level 2
- CrossFit Nutrition
- CrossFit Power Lifting
- CrossFit Weighting
- NCCP Weight Lifting
- FRC Level 1 Certified
- DNS Exercise 1 Certified
- Owner and head of Programming at Pure Athletics
- 7+ years of coaching and programming experience
- 2016 + 2017 Individual Crossfit regional competitor
- Crossfit level 1
- Crossfit level 2
- Precision nutrition level 1
- Power athlete level 1 course
- Mentored by some of the leading experts in the industry